Weight Loss Sauce
MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS WITH SEMAGLUTIDE
Requirements: ability to give yourself a weekly injection, consuming <24g (female)/<36g (male) of sugar daily, an exercise program + good sleep habits
à la carte month-by-month
10% savings on 3 months
15% savings on 5 months
• Initiation meeting with general guidelines regarding nutrition, exercise & sleep
• One month supply of semaglutide
• Sleep Optimization handout
• Monthly weigh-in, check in on sugar intake, exercise & sleep
- Low dose naltrexone to aid with sleep, decrease inflammation & aid with appetite suppression ~ excellent for those with autoimmune conditions
- Anti-nausea & constipation management – as needed
SEMAGLUTIDE & TIRZEPATIDE
- A class of medications called glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist (GLP-1 RA)
- These medications work by increasing insulin secretion from the pancreas which slows gastric emptying leading to slower food processing by the stomach which signals that brain that your full (aka appetite suppression) = weight loss
- Helps you feel fuller longer, curbs cravings, reduces appetite
- Administration is a once weekly injections
• Reduces hunger, normalize appetite
• Aids in decreasing inflammation, making weight loss easier
• Aids sleep as there is a direct link exists between lack of sleep and weight gain
• Prescribed as a tablet to swallow
Inadequate sleep can also lead to increased inflammation, which impacts obesity. Insomnia and obesity can lock you in a continuous cycle, as obesity leads to sleep apnea, making it more difficult to get the proper rest you need.
- Allows you to lose weight without a restrictive dieting
- Reordering this disordered eating
- Reset baseline weight
- Improve core metabolic functions that have been thrown off by autoimmune processes such as thyroid disorders & other chronic diseases (within weeks-months)
- Re-sensitize the body’s blood sugar metabolism (this is the measure of if your metabolism works or doesn’t work)
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases your overall sense of wellness & wellbeing
Nausea & constipation are the two most common side effects. Nausea is generally managed with botanicals (ginger) or prescription medication as needed. Constipation is managed with a supplement blend prescribe by Dr. Rachael. Other side effects include stomach upset, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, heartburn, burping
Given the role of the opioid reward system in compulsive binge eating and purging, naltrexone, an opioid antagonist, may be effective in reducing these behaviors. Previous studies have demonstrated that naltrexone reduces binge eating and purging in adults.
LDN helps decrease those sugar cravings by restoring the body’s natural balance of dopamine. Less cravings for unhealthy foods means less weight gain.
When *COMBINED* with a nutritious diet, exercise regiment & adequate sleep, 5 lbs lost a month are the expected loss.
You will be provided a Sleep Optimization handout during your initial consultation, it is important to follow the recommendations if you experience insomnia.
If you choose the injection option of WLS, Dr. Rachael will teach you how to do your injections & have you do one in the office before sending you home.
Depending on the dose & reason, Dr. Rachael will adjust your WLS as appropriate. Discussed in initial appointment.